5/10/2013

blue leopard print manicure



As I mentioned in my pastel dotted nails tutorial, I'm going through a nail art phase. Last week, I sported a blue leopard print design on my nails. I followed Sam's 80s Neon/Bright Leopard Nails Tutorial at The Polished Medic, and my monochromatic color selection was inspired by the pink leopard french manicure published in Hottest New Nail Design Ideas on Becoming Gorgeous (both Pinterest finds). I chose blue, because it was easy to match the various shades, and apparently blue nail color looks good with pale skin.


What you'll need:
  • Base coat (optional)
  • Nail polish in 2 shades of blue (or other colors) and black - I used Revlon stiletto (black) and coastal surf (blue) and L'Oréal royally yours (light blue).
  • Plastic sheet protector
  • Nail dotting tool - I've also heard a bobby pin works, rather than a toothpick, because of the rounded tip.

Dot away.

Step 1: If you so desire, start with a base coat.

Step 2: Paint 2-3 coats of blue.

Step 3: Pour a couple of drops of the light blue polish onto the plastic sheet protector.

Step 4: Take the dotting tool, dip it into the pool of nail polish, and gently apply several dots to each nail.

Step 5: Pour a couple of drops of the black polish onto the plastic sheet protector.

Step 6: With the dotting tool, create black arcs and smudges, as shown around the light blue dots. Add a few additional black smudges between the other spots.

Step 7: Let dry.



Step 8: Admire your manicure!




Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:
Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna
Share It Link Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...