4/02/2013

ruffled knit scarf



This isn't the most seasonally appropriate post, but my spring projects are still in-progress. Plus, I've been done with this scarf for a few weeks now; it's time to get it out of the blogging queue.

These ruffled knit scarfs have been popular at church, and I have been interested in making one. They look complex, so I was surprised when I heard the pattern is easy. I would agree that the scarf is easy if you're an intermediate knitter, but it is not for beginners. It knits up quickly, but it is not a movie-watching project; you have to watch what you're doing.

The scarf uses ribbon yarn, and the pattern can be found on the label or on the manufacturer's website. Premier Starbella Yarn is probably the most notable type, but I used Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn because it was cheaper. Both have been on sale several times in the last few months at various craft stores.


Knit Stats:
Pattern: Flirty Knit Scarf by Red Heart Yarn 
Yarn: Red Heart Boutique Sashay (30 yards/100 g ball)
Shop: Michaels
Fiber Content: 97% Acrylic, 3% Metallic Polyester
Weight: Super Bulky
Care: Hand Wash Cold; Dry Flat
Color: Mambo
Amount: 1 ball
Needles: Since gauge is not important, the size doesn't matter. I would recommend US #9, Straight
Gauge: Not Important
Other Materials: Sewing needle and thread in a coordinating color (for finishing)
Finished Size: approximately 72" (6') long and 4-5" wide


Knitting with ribbon yarn can be confusing at first, but Red Heart has a helpful instructional video.








Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:
Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna
Share It Link Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I know, I love this scarf. We featured the pattern about a year ago or so. Everyone turns out different as the coloring is different. Fabulous, hey. I bet you are happy with yours!! Thank you for linking up your work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...