4/30/2013

pastel dotted nails



About two to three months ago, the high school girls at church were commenting on their nail paint jobs. I looked at my sad nails and tried to remember the last time they were painted. I concluded that it was my wedding. I resolved to try to have the patience to paint my nails.

That evening, I painted my nails the only color I had: a coral pink. I admired my nails non-stop for the next week, wondering why I didn't paint my nails more often. Of course I already knew the answer to that; I am too impatient to let them dry.

However, now that I'm out of school, I have the time to watch a whole TV show or movie while doing nothing but letting my nails dry.

Over the last few weeks, I have poured over nail-related pins on Pinterest, and I have acquired nail polish in several colors. (I buy polish in the mid-price-range. It's better quality than the cheap stuff, and it's more affordable than the premium brands.) I have even bought a dotting tool set. I was browsing Amazon to see how much one would cost, and, to my surprise, I found a set for a couple of dollars. (I didn't realize it would be coming directly from China. At first I was a bit peeved by this...that's what eBay is for..., but the tool set seems fine for my purposes.)

That brings me to last weeks' nail design. Inspired by Pshiiit, a French nail-lover's blog, this pastel dotted design is perfect for spring.

What you'll need:
  • Base coat (optional)
  • Nail polish in white and 3-4 pastel colors - I used L'Oréal i will (white), pistachio dream (mint), royally yours (baby blue), and macaroon me madly (coral).
  • Plastic sheet protector
  • Nail dotting tool - I've also heard a bobby pin works, rather than a toothpick, because of the rounded tip.



Dot away.

Step 1: If you so desire, start with a base coat.

Step 2: Paint 2-3 coats of white.

Step 3: Pour a couple of drops of the first pastel color onto the plastic sheet protector.

Step 4: Take the dotting tool, dip it into the pool of nail polish, and gently apply dots to each nail.

Step 5: Repeat the dotting process with the remaining colors.



Step 6: Let dry.

Step 7: Admire your manicure!



This project was featured in Sundae Scoop Top 20 at I Heart Nap Time.

Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:

Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna
Share It Link Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Fidlin' Fridays @ Fidlers Under One Roof
Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time


Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Your nails turned out so pretty!! I bought nail pens and they kind of work but mostly end up being large bubbles. I love the colors you chose.
    Stopping by from Lil' Luna. I would love for you to stop by my cleaning blog here.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. I'm a hairstylist by trade so I get to work with a lot of nail techs and I just wanted to say you've got some talent! They look great! I hope you'll come share this at my linking party today! Fidlers Under One Roof http://www.fidlersunderoneroof.com

    Hope you see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so flattered! I'll be sure to stop by your party.

      Delete
  3. Looks stunning! Thank you for sharing it & participating in our linky party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party-65/ Great to see you there! Have a wonderful weekend! ~ Rose

    btw Do check out my river rock mat - feature today. You'll love it for your entryway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...