3/19/2013

spring vase decor



As you know, I like to seasonally change the contents of my vases. (Check out my fall, Christmas, and Valentine's Day versions.) For spring, I created a matching mantel and centerpiece set. Both projects are super quick, easy, and cheap; I spent a total of 15-20 minutes and $3.50. This post is a twofer post, as it has a tutorial for each.


Spring Vase Centerpiece



What you'll need:

Large glass vase
Tall drinking glass
Easter grass - I used half of a 50¢ package from Target.
Plastic Easter eggs - I used a package of 18 regular-sized eggs from the Dollar Tree. Plus, I had a couple of jumbo eggs with my seasonal stuff.


Tutorial

Step 1: Place the drinking glass upside down in the center of the vase.

Step 2: Arrange the Easter grass at the bottom of the vase surrounding the drinking glass. Keep in mind that the grass packs down quite a bit once the eggs are added on top.

Step 3: Arrange the Easter eggs on top of the grass and covering the drinking glass.



Step 4: Admire your work! (Or make the other vases too!)



Spring Vase Mantel Display



What you'll need:

Glass vase(s)
Egg carton
Pinwheel - I got a set of three at the Dollar Tree.
Easter grass - I used the other half of a 50¢ package from Target for all three vases.
Plastic Easter eggs - I filled all three vases with a package of 18 regular-sized eggs from the Dollar Tree. I think the small eggs would have fit better, though.


Tutorial

Step 1: Cut apart the egg carton, removing one of the egg pockets.

Step 2: Poke the pinwheel through the egg carton on an angle, as shown.

Step 3: Place the supported pinwheel into the vase.

Step 4: Arrange the Easter grass at the bottom of the vase. Be sure to completely cover the egg carton.

Step 5: Arrange the Easter eggs on top of the grass and around the pinwheel.



Step 6: Admire your work! (Or repeat for the other vases.)




Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:

Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna
Share It Link Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...