3/05/2013

knitted boot toppers



I know most of us would like it to be spring, but we still have some cold weather ahead of us. I have one last wintery post before I move onto showing off the spring crafts I've made.

I made these boot toppers back in January, but I've the time-sensitive seasonal posts jumped the line. Legwarmers with boots seem to be the trend, and I have been wanting to knit some to go with my brown boots. Anyway, I saw a tutorial for Knit Boot Toppers by Jess on Make & Do Girl, and I thought the topper option was a quick and easy alternative. I bought some yarn, and started knitting away on my own pattern. These toppers are stylish and functional: they complete the layered look that's trendy right now; they keep my legs just a bit warmer; and they fill in the excess space between my chicken legs and the wide boot tops.

Knit Stats:
Pattern: Original
Yarn: Loops & Threads (Michaels Stores Brand), Cozy Wool (90 yards/127 g ball)
Shop: Michaels
Fiber Content: 50% Wool, 50% Acrylic
Weight: Super Bulky
Care: Hand wash. Do not bleach. Lay flat to dry.
Color: Barley
Amount: 1 ball
Needles: US #15, 8" dpn, set of 4
Gauge: 2.5 sts and 3 rows per 1 in
Finished Size: 3" diameter, 9" long . Stretches to 6" diameter, 8" long.


Pattern:

Cast on 24 sts, and divide sts onto 3 needles (8 sts/needle). Join, being careful not to twist sts.

Work in k1, p1 ribbing until piece measures 8.5" (or desired length).

Bind off in k1, p1 ribbing. Weave in the ends.



Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:

Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna
Share It Link Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time


Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. My gosh, I made the same ones. In the same color! Rather than knitting them in the round, I laced them at the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! I guess we have great taste. Either method (knitting in the round or flat) works well; it's all a matter of personal preference.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...