2/02/2013

knitted chevron baby blanket



My cousin had a baby boy in October. Over the last 3 months, my mom, sister, and I have pulled out our knitting needles to make something for the little cutie. I've been itching to knit an afghan, and a baby blanket was the perfect solution. It's much smaller than a full-sized afghan, so it provides surprisingly instant gratification.

The Purl Bee's might just be my favorite knitting blog; they have tons of cute, easy-to-follow patterns. Their Chevron Baby Blanket pattern knit up pretty quickly; I finished it in just 2 weeks. The pattern is pretty easy, but it did take me a bit to get the rhythm of the counting down. Stitch counters helped immensely, and triple checking my counting was a must. Additionally, the yarn is knit doubled. I doubled the yarn by taking the outer and inner strand and winding them into one double-stranded ball. Now, I'll have to make a larger version for myself!


Knit Stats:
Pattern: Chevron Baby Blanket by The Purl Bee
Yarn: Bernat, Bernat Satin (200 yards/100 g ball), doubled
Shop: Jo-Ann
Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic
Weight: Worsted/Medium
Care: Machine Washable & Dryable
Colors (from left bottom to top right): Foliage, Snow (repeated), Fern, Sage, Aqua
Amount: 1 ball/stripe, 7 total
Needles: US #13, 29" Circular




Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:
Share It Link Party @  The Winthrop Chronicles
Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time


Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. I have this pattern pinned. It's great. Your blanket turned out so nice. What a lucky baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of your prettiest projects so far, I think personally. It is really, really, nice!!! You must be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! Packing it up to ship it was bittersweet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...