10/10/2012

fall pillar candle display



This is another fall project I made a couple of weeks ago to decorate in preparation for my in-laws' visit. I drew my inspiration for this project from a couple of different sources: Fall Decor Hurricanes made by Susan at Achieving Creative Order and Mason Jar + Burlap = Adorable Vase, which I found at Domestically Speaking via Pinterest. I spent a long time trying to source the latter project; it appears to be made by Blondie 'N' SC, but I'm not entirely sure.


What you'll need:

Glass vase
Burlap - I bought 1/4 yard for another project, and I used about 1/4 to 1/3 of what I originally bought.
Twine/jute and/or hemp
Dried beans - I used red beans (orange candle), pinto beans (red candle), and lentils (purple candle).
Pillar candle


Prepare your materials.

Step 1: Cut two strips of burlap, 2" and 1" wide each, long enough to wrap around the vase with about 1" of overlap. For instructions on how to easily cut burlap, see this post.

Step 2: Cut a piece of twine and/or hemp (or several) about three times the length of the circumference of the vase.


Assemble your vase.

Step 3: Wrap the burlap around the vase layering the 1" piece on top of the 2" piece, and tie it place (with a knot) with the twine. Finish with a bow.

Step 4: Pour an inch or so of beans into the bottom of the vase.

Step 5: Set the pillar candle on top of the beans.



Step 6: Admire your work!



You might also like to see my other fall projects.

Do you like this project? Consider pinning it, subscribing to me, or checking out my other projects. For a complete list of all blogs I link up with, see my link party page.

I'm linking up with:
Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill | Made by you Monday @ Skip To My Lou | Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff | Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna | Share It Link Party @  The Winthrop Chronicles | Time for a Party @ Fine Craft Guild | Uncommonly Yours @ Uncommon | Party Time @ The 36th Avenue | Keep Calm and Link Up @ Becoming Martha & Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home & Chase the Star | live laugh {linky} @ live. laugh. rowe. | Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas & Johnny in a Dress | Flaunt It Friday @ Blissful Bucket List | Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest | Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello | Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter | The Saturday 7 @ Positively Splendid | Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff | Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time


Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. They turned out great! I so should do this one. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Fine Craft Guild. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, Kathryn. I'll be sure to visit!

      Delete
  2. So simple, yet so striking! It looks lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I hope you will stop by and link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindy! I'll be sure to stop by and link up!

      Delete
  4. Pretty colors! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...