8/07/2012

easy, no-bake chocolate pudding pie



This recipe is a combination of several I've seen from various sources (that I no longer remember). It's super easy and really tasty.


Ingredients:

4 tbsp butter or margarine*
2/3 pkg Oreos*
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/2 c milk*
1 pkg (8 oz) THAWED whipped topping*

*I use margarine rather than butter; the regular kind of Oreos rather than the double stuff, because you get more cookie; skim milk; and "lite" whipped topping. Additionally, you can buy an Oreo pie crust instead of making your own.


Directions:

Step 1: If you forgot to thaw your whipped topping like I always do, make a cold water bath for it.

Step 2:  Melt your butter/margarine.

Step 3: Crush your Oreos. I use the food processor for this part.

Step 4: Add your melted butter/margarine to the crushed Oreos, and mix. I also do this part in the food processor.




Step 5: Press your Oreo mixture into a pie plate to form the crust. Put it in the freezer (or outside if it's winter) while you make the rest of the pie.

Step 6: Mix the pudding mix and milk together - sometimes I use a whisk and other times I use a mixer. Spoon half of the pudding into the pie filling.

Step 7: Mix together the remaining pudding and half of the whipped topping, and spoon into the pie filling.

Step 8: Top the pie with the remaining whipped topping.




Step 9: Refrigerate for 3+ hours. Lick the spoon and bowl while you wait.

Step 10: Enjoy!



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...